I worked for Heymann-Löwenstein during harvest period on 2017. The work experience was based on working with Riesling variety and different aspects of canopy management such as topping, shoot thinning, desuckering, shoot positioning, leaf pulling and harvesting in the steep slope vineyards of Winningen in Mosel region.
We used to organize some tasting events for our team in terms of improving our tasting skills at Heymann-Löwenstein. I had a great pleasure to organize ”Riesling Around the World” tasting on the 6th of July, 2017.
The wines that we tasted:
- Israel / Galilee, Golan Heights Winery, Gamla Galilee Riesling Koscher, 2016
- Australia / Barossa Valley, Yalumba, Y-Series Riesling Barossa, 2016
- New Zealand / Waipara Valley, Waipara Hills Wines, Waipara Hills Riesling, 2015
- USA / Finger Lakes, Red Newt Cellars, Tango Oaks Vineyard, Finger Lakes Riesling, 2013
- Germany / Mosel, Weingut Heymann Löwenstein, Uhlen Laubach, 2012
- France / Kaysersberg Valley, Alsace, Domaine Weinbach, Riesling Schlossberg Grand Cru, 2011
- Germany / Reingau, Weingut Schloss Johannisberg, Silberlack Riesling Grosses Gewächs, 2008
- Austria / Wachau Valley, Domäne Wachau, Riesling Achleiten Smaragd, 2002
- South Africa / Elgin, Western Cape, Paul Cluver Wines, Riesling Noble Late Harvest, 2012