I spent such a pleasant evening pairing Wine and Seafood at Brasserie on the Corner in Galway on the 25th of April.. The Vineyard Wines had chosen a great selection of wines which paired well with all dishes.
The pairing menu:
1. Fresh Oysters with shallot & red wine vinaigrette from Gannet Fish paired with Picpoul de Pinet 2017 from Domaine Des Laurieres located in Languedoc in France.
2. Marty’s Mussels with roast garlic, cream and tomato concasse paired with Badajo Verdejo 2016 from Bodegagotica located in Rueda in Spain. The wine was a blend of Verdejo and Viura grapes.
3. Brasserie Seafood Chowder paired with Chardonnay Blanc 2017 from Pichon Claude Michel located in Loire Valley in France.
4. Panfried John Dory with baby gem, bacon and potato broth paired both with Chablis 2016 from Domaine des Marronniers located in Burgundy in France and Les Roches Saumur Champigny 2016 from Thiery Germain Domaine des roches neuves located in Loire Valley in #France. Les Roches Saumur Champigny was made 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.
5. Carrageen Moss Buttermilk Panna Cotta paired with Coteaux du Layon 2016 from Chateau de la Roulerie located Loirevalley in France. Coteaux du Layon 2016 was made 100% Chenin Blanc grapes with about 22% of residual sugar.